Sicamous RCMP were called out to a series of incidents where customers were reluctant to pay their bills.
On July 19 at 11:27 p.m., police receive a report of an intoxicated person refusing to pay bill and causing a disturbance at a local liquor establishment. The subject was taken into custody and lodged in cells until sober. The following day, at 9:42 a.m, police were asked to attend a local restaurant where another person was refusing to pay a bill. Then, at around 11:30 a.m., officers were asked to attend roadside incident where a truck had broken down and the driver had received services from tow truck driver but was refusing to pay.
• July 15, 7:05 p.m., Sicamous RCMP received a report of possible impaired driver in a white Dodge pickup leaving a Sicamous address.
• July 15, 7:25 p.m, report from North Mara Lake of a possibly impaired person driving a small boat.
July 15, 8:25 p.m., police requested to attend and assist with a family disturbance. Officers apprehended an individual who was taken to hospital for a mental health assessment.
• July 16, 10:17 a.m., police requested to attend and assist with a neighbour dispute.
• July 16, 11:30 a.m., a black car with Quebec plates reportedly following closely, passing on double solids.
July 16, 12:58 p.m., report of found wallet.
• July 10:05 p.m., a longboard skateboard reported stolen from a Hemlock Crescent residence.
• July 16, 10:23 p.m., domestic dispute reported.
• July 16, 10:54 p.m., police received a report of a suspicious vehicle, a red Ford Escort, driving through a Martin Street condo complex.
• July 17, 1:33 a.m., police attended a domestic dispute. A man was taken into custody and has been charged for domestic assault.
• July 17, 6:33 a.m., police received a noise bylaw complaint regarding a neighbour out driving on his lawnmower.
• July 17, 4:01 p.m., erratic driver reported, a red motorcycle driving at excessive speeds and passing unsafely.
• July 17, 6:12, p.m., Malakwa complainant reported people on neighbouring property firing rifles and doing target practice on property.
• July 18, 509 a.m., domestic dispute reported.
• July 18, 9:58 a.m., a red semi reported to be speeding and carelessly changing lanes.
• July 18, 1:41 p.m., lost firearms licence reported.
• July 18, 4:54 p.m., harassing phone calls reported.
• July 18, 6:56 p.m., domestic dispute reported.
• July 18, 8:27 p.m, possible impaired driver reported; a white Toyota, with B.C. plates, said to be swerving on the road.
• July 19, 8:57 a.m, lost wallet was turned in.
• July 19, 1:26 p.m., erratic drier reported; a Ford truck with canopy and BC plates.
July 19, 1:46 p.m., possible impaired driver reported in Mara area, a blue Ford pickup. Police located vehicle and the driver was taken into custody and charged with impaired driving.
• July 19, 3:09 p.m, police received a call about a series of gunshots near a residence.
• July 19, 5:31 p.m., police attended a single-vehicle accident on at the Trans-Canada Highway/Highway 97A intersection. The driver sustained minor injuries and was treated by BC Ambulance paramedics.
• July 19, 11:07 p.m., concerns reported to police of missing parent, who was found to be at a friend’s place.
• July 20, 12:57 a.m., police stopped a vehicle for suspicious driving. The investigating officer determined the driver, a Salmon Arm man, was impaired by drug and issued 24-hour driving suspension. A small amount of cocaine seized from the vehicle.
• July 20, 7:25 p.m, an officer on patrol near Craigellachie pulled over a vehicle and found the driver, a Chase woman, to be intoxicated. The driver is facing charges for impaired driving and driving over .08.
• July 20, 10:43 p.m., fireworks were reportedly being set off near Swansea Point Road.
• July 21, 1:16 a.m., a group of youths in a truck were reported to be at a local business, yelling, screaming and causing a disturbance.
• July 21, 4:46 p.m., an intoxicated individual was found on Solsqua-Sicamous Road by an officer on patrol. The intoxicated person was arrested and lodged in cells until sober and able to care for himself.
• July 21, 12:37 p.m., a Toyota Tundra with Alta. plates reportedly passing on double solids, throwing cigarette butts out the window.
• July 21, 1:08 p.m., police attended a single -vehicle accident. The driver went off the road and was treated for injuries.
• July 21, 2:21 p.m., police attended a single-vehicle accident involving a motorcycle. One of the riders was taken to hospital for treatment of major but non-life threatening injuries.
• July 21, 2:41 p.m., police attended a sing-le vehicle accident where a motorcycle went off the road. The driver sustained non–life-threatening injuries
• July 21, 3:22 p.m., a white Dodge Ram pickup with B.C. plates was reported stolen from Main Street.
• July 21, 6:03 p.m,a silver Ford Focus with Alta. plates was reported to have merged from the shoulder into four lanes and was passing unsafely.
• July 21, 8:16 p.m., a white BMW with Alta. plates hauling a red and white trailer, was reported to be passing and cutting people off.
• July 21, 8:58 p.m, a loud boat ripping up and down Eagle River was reported.
• July 21, 9:43 p.m., police receive a report of a vehicle blocking a residential address.
• July 21, 10:03 p.m., police receive a report of fireworks being shot off in North Mara Lake.
• July 22, 1:03 a.m., police responded to a reported break and enter at a local business- police and learned it was an employee.
• July 22, 8:25 a.m., a burgundy Chevy Blazer was reported to be passing unsafely, driving erratically.
• 10:11 a.m. found cellphone was turned in to the detachment.