Four snowmobilers stuck in the Owl Head sledding area were found and escorted to safety with the help of police and Shuswap Search and Rescue.
On Tuesday, April 9 at 6:53 p.m., Sicamous RCMP received a report of four snowmobilers getting socked in on Owl Head Mountain, unable to find their way out. A search ensued and with the aid of local search and rescue volunteers. The snowmobilers were located at around 1:30 a.m., and off the mountain by 2.
Police learned the sledders had become fogged in and were unable to navigate their way back.
“It was great work done by the investigator and the local search and rescue group there,” commented Sicamous Sgt. Dave Dubnyk.
• April 8, 12 p.m., police requested by local business to assist with dispute between employer and ex-employee.
• April 8, 12:04 p.m, report of injured deer on Highway 1.
April 9, 2:34 p.m., police received a report that the door of the houseboat kiosk information centre on Highway 1 and Silver Sands Road had been kicked in. Officers located the suspect, a truck driver from Ontario who was passing through the area. The man was arrested, jailed and later released on a promise to appear for a July court date.
• April 9, 11:54 p.m., a person called 911, asked for police assistance and then hung up. Officers later learned the call was to report speeding vehicles that were no longer in the area.
• April 10, 9:59 p.m., a tractor-trailer unit with blue and white stripes was reportedly speeding and passing unsafely on Highway 1.
• April 10, 11:32 p.m., single-vehicle accident at the corner of Highway 1 and Ferguson Frontage Road, no injuries.
• April 11, 12:02 p.m. report of a green Subaru with B.C. plates passing unsafely.
• April 11, 4:10 p.m., report of registration papers stolen from a vehicle.
• April 11, 9:34 p.m., report of possible impaired on the Trans-Canada Highway coming to Sicamous.
• April 11, 9:52 p.m., report of injured animal on Solsqua-Sicamous Road.
• April 12, 12:50 a.m., abandoned 911 call.
• April 12, 11:27 a.m., report of a domestic dispute.
• April 12, 3:53 p.m., report of a disturbance at local residence. Police attended and removed unwanted guest.
• April 12, 9:02 p.m., report of possible impaired driver. The vehicle was driving in heavy rain, having hard time staying in the lane.
• April 12, 11:11 p.m., report of minors in possession of alcohol, hanging around the corner of Main Street and Paradise Avenue.
• April 13, 9:57 a.m., report of a large tractor trailer unit, driving erratically, forcing people off the road.
• April 14, 12:58 p.m., report of several gunshots fired 10 kilometres east of Sicamous on Eagle River Road .
• April 14, 1:56 p.m., report of abandoned vehicle on Bertholm Rd .
• April 14 3:05 p.m., a pile of women’s clothing was found in a pullout near Sicamous.