A 30-year old Sicamous man is facing charges of break and enter and possession of stolen property. On Dec. 9, at 3:39 p.m., police responded to a report of a suspicious person. Investigating officers found the subject, who had broken into a local condo.
The man is being held in custody and is awaiting a court date in Salmon Arm.
• On Dec. 9, at 6 p.m., police responded a report of break and enter to a residence on Hemlock, and are currently trying to determine if it is related to the above arrest.
• Dec. 10, 9:14 a.m., police received a report of an individual running around distraught at the corner of Highway 1 and 97A. Officers found a person who appeared to be suffering from a mental health disorder. The person was transported by ambulance to hospital in Salmon Arm for further assessment.
• Dec. 11, 12:13 p.m., a single-vehicle roll over was reported to have occurred near the Skyline Esso. Two more vehicle accidents followed in the same area. No injuries were reported Police say the incidents resulted from a combination of poor roads and people travelling too fast for conditions.
• Dec. 11, 12:23 p.m., a ’94 Jeep Grand Cherokee with large tire on the roof was reported stolen from a local service station.
• Dec. 12, 4:16 p.m., a semi drive was charged with passing unsafely after police responded to a report of a semi driving too fast for road conditions.
• Dec. 13, 8:58 a.m., police responded to a single-vehicle accident near Malakwa. The two occupants were transported to hospital as precaution .
• Dec. 13, 11:39 p.m., Sicamous RCMP received a request from the Revelstoke detachment to attempt to locate westbound vehicle involved in a road rage incident in which one of the drivers produced what appeared to be a .357 revolver. Police located the vehicle and conducted a high-risk traffic stop. Officers found a replica revolver and the driver was taken into custody.
• Dec. 14, 7:44 p.m., an impaired driver was reported to police. The individual was seen at a local service station acting like they were under the influence.
• Dec. 14, 8:34 p.m., a hit and run was reported to have occurred in a service station parking lot.