At press-time on Tuesday, Aug. 16, the News learned of a fire that occurred on Martin Street.
The blaze took place in the morning, around 11:30 a.m., and is said to have started in a lean-to next to a mobile home.
Witnesses report the family dog alerted the residents to the fire, and all were able to make it out safely. Firefighters from Sicamous, Swansea Point and Malakwa were said to have attended.
Updates to this story will be provided as details are made available, on the News website at www.bclocalnews.com/bc_thompson_nicola/eaglevalleynews.